> Sford wiki > Sford fun > Sford quotes
I like clever, strange, or unexpected quotes.
- Mark M: (spoken) "Bunch of sizzle and no steak."
- Mark M: (spoken) "We shouldn't piss in our own Cheerios."
I laugh easily. Especially at my own jokes.
- Me: (IM) in response to a friend promising to use an annoying phrase with me from now on: "Good! A lesser man would know when the joke got old."
- Me: (email) about proposing a design as a starting point: "... so that we aren't starting from a tabula rasa (Polish for 'pointless thrashing')."
- Me: (spoken) about a customer who wasn't going to get his way, "That's a bowl of cereal they'll just have to learn to eat."
- Me: (spoken) about the lack of formal documentation: "In a pinch, we can just give them some wiki-scrape."
Mix me a metaphor. Sure, I can probably google thousands of them, but I came up with these all on my own.
- (email) "Once the bump in the road is cleared, it is smooth sailing."