> Sford wiki > Github tips
- Create local project directory with LICENSE and README.md files.
- Click "+ New repository". Enter repo name and brief description. Do not create any initial files (like README). This should display a set of git commands, which can be modified appropriately. When I uploaded "blink", I did the following (from my Mac):
git add *
git commit -m "initial commit"
git remote add origin https://github.com/fordsfords/blink.git
git push -u origin master
- Back on the web site, reload the project page. You should see your README.
- Click "Branch: master" button, enter "gh-pages", and hit return.
- Start up github GUI program.
- File -> Add Local Repository...
- - Browse to directory. Click "Add".
- Use github GUI program to ensure "master" branch is active. Do a "sync" (upper right-hand).
- From github GUI program, enter change summary.
- Click "Commit and Sync master"
- Start github GUI program and sync (upper right-hand).
- Make sure you are on "gh-pages" branch.
- Drag "master" to left box, "dh-pages" to right box. Should say, "Merging master into gh-pages".
- Click "sync" (upper right-hand).
- Switch back to "master" branch.